Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- Government White Paper on future of EU/ UK Relationship post-Brexit proposing Facilitated Customs Arrangement includes Reminder of Importance of Discussions on Common Rules on Safety and Security.
- The government has also committed in the White Paper to maintaining high environment standards and not regress from EU standards.
- Recent sentences for company directors are a reminder to all of potential officer liability for regulatory offences.
- Textile company fined £600,000 after worker crushed attempting to free a stuck package from a packaging machine.
- Consultation on Amendments to Food Law Code of Practice (England).
- Coroner finds car maker’s delay in recalling UK cars with an electrical fault contributed to a driver’s death.
- The Environment Agency has accepted almost £940,000 in enforcement undertakings.
- The Court of Appeal dismissed Network Rail’s appeal in Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd v Williams and another.
- The government has published its Road to Zero Strategy.
- Thailand has issued a ban on plastic and electronic waste imports.
- UK government publishes updated plan to tackle climate change.
- Order made to terminate the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- European Commission publishes roadmap for endocrine disruptors.
- ECHA publishes note on substance identification and the potential scope of a REACH restriction of intentional uses of microplastics.