View Author December 2018
Welcome to the December 2018 edition of Workplace View.
- Our lead article takes a look at a recent decision in which the Fair Work Commission found the dismissal of an employee for providing a dishonest resume was fair, despite a flawed dismissal process.
- Our Did You Know? section reports on the Fair Work Ombudsman’s findings in her 2017-18 annual report.
- Our Legislation Updates take a look at incoming Modern Slavery Acts, repeal of the Fair Work Commission’s four-yearly reviews and labour hire licensing in South Australia, the inclusion of unpaid domestic violence leave in the National Employment Standards and the introduction of increased penalties for disregarding employee entitlements.
- Our Migration Alert provides an overview of accredited business sponsorship.
- Our OSH Alert provides some strategies to keep employees (and your business!) off the naughty list at this year’s office party.
- Our Quiz tests your knowledge of employers’ obligations regarding casual conversion requests.
- Our Meet the Team introduces our new associate in Sydney, Barnaby Austin.