View Authors March 2019
Welcome to the March 2019 edition of Workplace View.
- Our lead article looks at a recent unfair dismissal case which, although successfully defended by the employer, could have further implications arising from its referral by the Fair Work Commission to the safety regulator.
- In our Did You Know? section, we consider some recent developments in federal and state employment legislation.
- In our Migration Alert, we consider the use of Designated Area Migration Agreements under the Labour Agreement stream of the TSS Visa.
- In our Legislation Update, we look at the introduction of amendments to the Fair Work Regulation 2009 (Cth) intended to prevent “double dipping” by casual employees, following the Workpac Pty Ltd v Skene decision.
- In our Events Update, we provide details of the second seminar in our Labour & Employment Seminar Series for 2019, which will provide a “post-election” update on employment and industrial relations matters.
We hope you enjoy our latest edition of Workplace View.