View Author April 2020
Our Middle East Labour & Employment team have put together a quick guide for employers on key questions we’re often asked in relation to their employees. In this guide we cover:
- What are an employer’s health and safety obligations in relation to its staff?
- Should employers place restrictions on work-related international travel?
- In what circumstances are employees required to quarantine?
- In what circumstances are employers required to continue to pay employees according to their normal pay by law?
- Do employers have to pay an employee that is not included in the categories stated above?
- What should employers do if a member of staff is confirmed as having the virus and has recently been in the workplace?
- If the situation worsens and employers are considering closing one of their sites, do they have a right to lay off staff in these circumstances? Are they obliged to continue to pay them?
- Can employers terminate employment contracts on the grounds of the occurrence of a force majeure?
- What other steps are employers taking to respond to the challenging economic situation caused by the virus?
- What are the main initiatives launched by the Saudi government to support the private sector in light of the COVID-19 situation?
Download the full guide online.