View Author April 2020
Our Middle East Labour & Employment team have put together a quick guide for employers on key questions we’re often asked in relation to their employees. In this guide we cover:
- What are an employer’s health and safety obligations in relation to its staff?
- Should employers place restrictions on work-related international travel?
- Under what circumstances can employees continue working or leave the house?
- What is the latest guidance from the government regarding employment measures that can be taken to protect jobs?
- Do the requirements under Ministerial Resolutions 279, 280 and 281 of 2020 apply to Free Zone companies?
- Will making reductions to employees’ salaries cause issues for employers being in breach of the wage protection system?
- Do employers have to pay an employee if they are required to selfisolate?
- What should employers do if a member of staff is confirmed as having the virus and has recently been in the workplace?
- If the situation worsens and employers are considering closing one of their sites, do they have a right to lay off/furlough staff in these circumstances? Are they obliged to continue to pay them?
- What other steps are employers taking to respond to the challenging economic situation caused by coronavirus?
- Are redundancies permitted?
Download the full guide online.