Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- COVID-19: Further relaxation of lockdown from 4 July 2020.
- Fine of £1.2 Million for Oil Company for Health and Safety Breaches.
- Safety Alert for KN95 Face Masks.
- The Climate Change Committee published its annual report to parliament.
- The government has published its response to the consultation on the future of UK carbon pricing.
- The Environment Agency updated guidance on collecting and treating waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
- The UK is no longer seeking ‘associate membership’ of EU REACH.
- The Environment Bill will not now resume until after the summer recess.
- EU starts revision of its packaging law.
- EU to amend Waste Shipments Regulation to implement international law on plastic waste.
- EU to revise concentration limits for persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in waste.
- ECHA committee backs microplastics restriction proposal.