Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) Issues Guidance on End of Brexit Transition.
- Court of Appeal rules Multiple Aspects of Wrongdoing Aggravating Factor.
- Court of Appeal decides that COVID-19 Concerns did not Render a Conviction Unsafe.
- Law Commission Announces Review of Corporate Criminal Liability.
- The Consumer and Markets Authority (CMA) is to examine if ‘eco-friendly’ claims are misleading.
- Government announces its Ten Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution.
- The High Court has dismissed a judicial review against the EA regarding the definition of waste.
- Environment Bill amendment proposed during House of Commons committee stage.
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) publishes draft legislation and consultation response on plastic packaging tax.
- The UK will become the first country in the world to make Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) aligned disclosures fully mandatory across the economy by 2025.
- Government publishes further update on greenhouse gas emissions trading from January 2021.
- Environmental Audit Committee (EAC) published its Report on Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy.
- Inquest which may recognise air pollution as a cause of death for the first time begins.
- European Commission discusses amendments to and guidelines on shipments of plastic waste.
- European Chemical Agency (ECHA) updates background note on restriction of Bisphenol A (BPA).