View Author April 2021
Welcome to the April 2021 edition of Workplace View, our quarterly Australian Labour & Employment newsletter. In this edition:
- We introduce you to the newest members of the Labour & Employment team in our Sydney office.
- Our lead article takes a look at the important amendments to the Fair Work Act, which relate to employing casual employees.
- In our Did You Know? section, we consider the government’s response to the Australian Human Rights Commission’s report on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace – Respect@Work.
- In our Events Update, we provide details of our next webinar to be held on 6 May on sexual harassment in the workplace, including the government response to the Respect@Work report.
- In our Q&A section, we consider how to respond to a flexible working request (noting an increase in these types of requests as we emerge from the impacts of COVID-19).
- In our Legislation Update, we discuss the increase to the superannuation guarantee rate, which takes effect from 1 July 2021.
- Our Case Law Update talks about a case where an employer was given permission to have legal representation for an unfair dismissal hearing (something that is not always permitted).
We hope you enjoy the April 2021 edition of Workplace View.