View Author July 2021
Welcome to the July 2021 edition of Workplace View, our quarterly Labour & Employment newsletter. In this edition:
- Our lead article examines proposed changes to the Fair Work Act and Sex Discrimination Act in the wake of the Respect@Work Report and the introduction of compassionate leave for miscarriage.
- In our Did You Know? section, we provide our top tips for employers navigating redundancies.
- In our Events Update, we provide details of our next webinar to be held on 12 August 2021 covering employers’ rights and responsibilities when terminating employment in Australia.
- In our Q&A section, we answer your most commonly asked questions about an employer’s ability to direct its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- In our Legislation Update, we outline what employers need to be doing now to prepare for the changes to casual employment, which take effect in September 2021.
- Our Case Law Update looks into a recent Fair Work Commission decision about the employment status of a food delivery driver, which could have a wide-spread effect across the growing gig economy.
We hope you enjoy the July 2021 edition of Workplace View.