Global law firm Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P. has named seven lawyers in five US offices as principals with the firm, effective Jan. 1, 2009.
“These lawyers are selected as principals based on the superior client service and valuable ongoing contributions they make to Squire Sanders that contribute to the firm’s success,” said Chairman R. Thomas Stanton.
The new principals are:
- Donald R. Bly, a real estate lawyer in the firm’s Tampa office. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate and related federal and state tax matters. Bly advises a wide range of clients including real estate investment trusts developers and non-US investors with interests in the United States and other countries. His practice also focuses on hospitality matters, and he has advised clients engaging in both international and domestic hotel and resort transactions. Bly has been involved in a number of public and charitable health and fitness organizations, including the Hillsborough County Greenways Committee and Gasparilla Distance Classic Association, and is a 2007 graduate of Leadership Tampa Bay. He received his J.D., cum laude, in 1999 from University of Chicago and his B.S., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, in 1995 from University of Florida.
- Stacy H. Krumin, also a real estate lawyer in the firm’s Tampa office. Her clients include large developers and REITs in acquisitions, dispositions and general development. Her practice focuses on real estate development, finance and complex commercial real estate transactions. She has experience in community development district tax-exempt financing and has significant title insurance experience. Krumin is a founding member of the Downtown Republican Women Federation of Tampa, a member of the 2005 Leadership Westshore class, CREW Tampa Bay, Real Estate Investment Council, Inc. and the Urban Land Institute. She received her J.D., with honors, in 2000, and her B.S.B.A. in Finance, with honors, in 1997, from the University of Florida.
- Jeffrey A. Marks, a bankruptcy and restructuring lawyer in the firm’s Cincinnati office. He is also a member of the firm’s Financial Crisis Response Team. Marks has played key roles in firm representation in major bankruptcies, including advising commodity funds with claims against Refco and participating in the firm’s representation of the unsecured creditors committee in the Enron bankruptcy. He is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyer for Business, The Best Lawyers in America and has been selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer. He received his J.D. in 1980 from University of Cincinnati, where he was student articles editor for University of Cincinnati Law Review and his B.A. in 1977 from The Ohio State University.
- Joseph P. Rodgers, a trial lawyer in the firm’s Cleveland office. Rodgers has significant experience in complex securities litigation, shareholder actions, securities-fraud related ERISA litigation and corporate governance disputes. He also represents clients in disputes involving non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, unfair competition and trade secret claims. Before joining Squire Sanders, he completed two externships in US District Court and the US Court of Appeals. He received his J.D., summa cum laude, from Cleveland State University in 1998, where he was associate editor of Cleveland State Law Review; and his B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, in 1994 from The College of Wooster.
- Aaron A. Seamon, a financial services lawyer in the firm’s Columbus office. Seamon provides counsel to financial institutions and public and private companies, with particular emphasis on securities law and regulation issues, corporate acquisitions and dispositions, capital market transactions and commercial lending. His industry experience includes advising clients in the financial and insurance industries, manufacturing, information technology and health care. Seamon has been selected as a “Rising Star” by Ohio Super Lawyers. He is a graduate of the Leadership Columbus class of 2008. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Dayton in 1999 where he was executive editor of the University of Dayton Law Review and his B.A. from Wittenberg University in 1996.
- Kendra S. Sherman, an environment, health and safety lawyer in the firm’s Columbus office. Sherman advises clients on a wide range of environmental issues in counseling, compliance, and litigation matters. Her practice involves defending corporate and municipal clients in state and federal enforcement actions, environmental permit challenges, citizen suit litigation and toxic tort matters, where she has appeared before a significant number of courts and administrative tribunals. Sherman is a former co-chair of the Columbus Bar Association Environmental Law Committee. She has been named a “Rising Star” by Ohio Super Lawyers. Sherman is also active with several pro bono matters in the area of adoption law including volunteering with the National Center for Adoption Law & Policy and speaking biannually at the Adoption Academy. She is the co-founder of Squire Sanders’ Dispute Resolution and Youth Program, a community service program that teaches dispute resolution skills to inner-city youth. She received her J.D. in 1997 from The Ohio State University, where she was managing editor of Ohio State Law Journal, and her B.A. in 1992 from Stanford University.
- Lori Smith-Lalla, a public finance lawyer in the Miami office. Smith-Lalla represents various cities, counties and issuing authorities on a broad range of public finance matters. Prior to joining Squire Sanders, Smith-Lalla was an assistant county attorney in Broward County. She is certified by the Florida Bar Association in 1999 as a specialist in city, county and local government. She received her J.D., cum laude, in 1987 from University of Bridgeport, and her B.A. in 1984 from the University of Connecticut.
About Squire Sanders: Founded in 1890, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P. has lawyers in 32 offices and 15 countries around the world. With one of the strongest integrated global platforms and a longstanding one-firm philosophy, Squire Sanders provides seamless legal counsel worldwide. Offices in the Americas are located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, San Francisco, Tallahassee, Tampa, Tysons Corner, Washington DC, West Palm Beach, Caracas, Rio de Janeiro, Santo Domingo and São Paulo. In Europe, offices are in Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Frankfurt, Kyiv, London, Moscow, Prague and Warsaw. In Asia, offices are in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. Associated firms are in Bucharest, Buenos Aires, Dublin and Santiago.
Media Relations Manager
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P.