Squire Sanders recently hosted the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation’s (IWIRC) annual Leadership Summit for all network chairs from July 24-26, 2013. Held in Cleveland, Ohio for the first time in the organization’s 20 year history, the Leadership Summit focused on educating its members on the connection, promotion, and success of women in the insolvency and restructuring profession worldwide.
The three-day event drew nearly 60 professional women from 20 US states, Canada, the Cayman Islands, and Germany. A July 25th panel discussion, titled, “Women in Leadership – Doing it All,” drew upon the expertise of high-profile women including:
- Cheryl Krueger, CEO of KRUEGER + Co. Consulting Inc. and former founder, president, and CEO of Cheryl & Co (Cheryl’s Cookies);
- Linda Bluso, Esq., Chair of the Business Administration Division of Baldwin Wallace University;
- Kristy Amy, Director of Marketing Strategy, SBN Interactive;
- Anne Ladky, Founding member of Women Employed; and
- Randi Ostry, Managing Attorney, Cleveland Regional Office, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, Former member of the appellate bench of the Court of Claims of Ohio, Victims of Crime Division.
”IWIRC and Squire Sanders are pleased to provide a forum for women leaders to gather, network and discuss business development and leadership skills and opportunities” said Sherri Dahl, Principal of Squire Sanders and North East Ohio Co-Chair of IWIRC.
Since 1994, IWIRC has been connecting women worldwide through a global membership of more than 1000 lawyers, bankers, corporate-turnaround professionals, financial advisors, and other restructuring practitioners. The organization provides its members with relationship-building, educational, career enhancement, and promotional opportunities.