The 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized 107 Squire Patton Boggs lawyers across 46 practices areas.
Published annually since 1983, Best Lawyers determines its rankings through peer-review surveys and compiling lists of leading lawyers through confidential evaluations by their peers.
Best Lawyers awarded 13 Squire Patton Boggs lawyers with the “Lawyer of the Year” distinction, given annually to a single outstanding lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area. An additional 47 lawyers were included in the inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, recognizing up-and-coming lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the US.
Firm lawyers awarded the “Lawyer of the Year” recognition:
- Ryan K. Callender, Public Finance Law in Cleveland
- Carl A. Draucker, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law in Cleveland
- Christopher J. Franzmann, Public Finance Law in Columbus
- Steven A. Friedman, Litigation – Construction in Cleveland
- Pat Lowry, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants in Miami
- Stephen C. Mahon, Mergers and Acquisitions Law in Cincinnati
- Steven F. Mount, Tax Law in Columbus
- Fred Nance, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) in Cleveland
- Frank M. Placenti, Corporate Compliance Law in Phoenix
- Alex Shumate, Administrative Law/Regulatory Law in Columbus
- Fred A. Summer, Securities/Capital Markets Law in Columbus
- George von Mehren, Arbitration in Cleveland
- Harriet M. Welch, Public Finance Law in Los Angeles