Our Securities & Shareholder Litigation Practice has extensive experience handling all facets of securities and shareholder litigation and related proceedings on behalf of all types of companies, from partnerships to closely held companies to multinational Fortune 500 corporations and their officers and directors.
Whether the specific matter involves a derivative or shareholder class action lawsuit, civil or criminal enforcement activity, merger and acquisition litigation, initial public offering challenges, proxy and annual meeting contests or Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) proceedings, our premier litigators and accomplished trial lawyers are ready to meet our clients’ litigation needs, so that our clients can remain focused on managing their businesses.
Why Choose Us
Clients turn to us for counsel in securities and shareholder litigation for a host of reasons, including:
- Successfully represented hundreds of companies and their officers and directors in complex and high-stakes securities, derivative, financial and corporate litigation and interrelated corporate governance matters across all industries, across the globe.
- Recognized by respected national publications including The Legal 500, Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, Benchmark: Litigation and Guide to the World’s Leading Litigation Lawyers.
- Involved in major, precedent-setting cases that have helped shape derivative shareholder law in certain states, including the Sixth Circuit’s first decision to interpret Ohio demand futility law. Our successes continue to be cited by national media, including Law360.
- Approved by insurers to represent their clients nationwide. Approved as insurance carrier panel counsel for director and officer litigation in certain states.
We represent corporations, management, officers, inside and outside directors, special litigation committees, investment banks, financial advisers, and majority and dissenting shareholders in class actions and individual lawsuits, involving:
- Securities fraud and misrepresentation claims
- Shareholder derivative claims
- Mergers, acquisitions and takeover litigation
- Improper disclosure litigation
- Breach of fiduciary duty and related torts
- Accounting irregularities
- Insider trading
- Financial fraud
- Failed company claims
- FDIC litigation
- Broker-dealer/market regulation
- Market manipulation
- Anti-money laundering
- Anticorruption and US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) laws
- Anti-terrorist financing laws
- Insurance company liquidation
We regularly represent companies and individuals before the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), FDIC and in federal and state civil and criminal investigations and proceedings.