Many local, national and global businesses have been significantly impacted by the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Cash flows have been impacted, trade and supply chains disrupted and business and consumer confidence damaged.
Most businesses are facing the same challenges at the same time. The key to resetting is to consider the options now and take advice. Resetting may involve:
- Restructuring by making redundancies, closing unviable operations or selling loss-making divisions
- Refinancing through new borrowings, debt for equity swaps or other initiatives
- Agreeing informal or formal compromises with creditors
We set out by jurisdiction:
- What Financial Help Is Available
- How Directors’ Duties Are Impacted
- How to Prepare for the New Normal
- What Temporary Business Support Is Available
For businesses operating in multiple jurisdictions, we have set out in a series of consolidated international guides:
- COVID-19 Summary of Government Financial Support Europe and Middle East
- Quick Guides to Directors’ Duties Across Europe
- Global Impact of COVID-19 on Insolvency Laws
Download our UK Resetting Your Business for the New Normal document, which is an easy, compact version of this web page for you to review at any time.