Miriam Lampert is a partner in our Employment Practice, based in the London office. She advises a wide range of UK and non-UK based corporate clients across a variety of sectors, including Technology and New Media, Media and Marketing, Recruitment and Financial Services on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious.
A Hebrew speaker, Miriam is head of the firm’s Israel group and has significant experience of advising Israel clients on employment issues globally, as well as acting as a central point of contact for them in respect of their broader legal needs. Miriam is an active member of UK-Israel Business and is also a member of the management committee member of the HR Forum of techUK, the UK technology trade association.
Miriam’s particular expertise includes advising on:
- Practical aspects of the Transfer of Undertaking Regulations/ARD, including drafting and negotiating TUPE/ARD provisions in commercial agreements.
- Employment-related issues on mergers, sales, acquisitions and private equity and venture capital-backed transactions.
- The planning and implementation of redundancy and change management programmes, often with multi-jurisdictional or international aspects.
- Employee competition issues, including the enforcement of restrictive covenant and confidentiality obligations.
- Complex disciplinary, performance management and grievance issues.
- Managing ill-health and stress in the workplace.
- Executive recruitment and severances.
Miriam regularly represents clients on claims brought in the Employment Tribunals and has particular experience of acting for employers in relation to complex discrimination and whistle-blowing claims. She also frequently runs training workshops and seminars for clients and contacts of the firm.