Our global Commodities & Shipping Group (CSG) brings together a multidisciplinary team of specialists to provide practical, innovative and commercial advice on all aspects of international trade and shipping, including:
- Commodity and ship finance
- Corporate matters
- Sale and purchase transactions (and related matters, such as storage, processing, distribution and marketing of commodities)
- Dispute resolution (international arbitration and litigation)
- Sanctions and regulatory matters
We have in-depth industry knowledge and experience of specific commodity sectors, particularly oil, LNG, agriculture, minerals, metals and mining, energy environmental law, renewable energy, derivatives and projects.
Our shipping lawyers advise ship owners and cargo owners, charterers, managers and insurers of bulk carriers, tankers, container ships, LNG/LPG carriers and specialized offshore vessels.
- Bills of lading and other contracts of affreightment
- Time and voyage charterparties
- Cargo claims
- Marine insurance
- Casualties and general average incidents, arrests, regulatory matters and sanctions
Our ship finance lawyers advise on ship sale/purchase transactions, as well as the financing of newbuildings and second-hand vessels (both debt and sale and leaseback structures).
This market-leading commodities and shipping experience and expertise is complemented by one of the largest global footprints of any law firm, including on-the-ground multidisciplinary teams of lawyers in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Perth, Singapore, Tokyo, Houston, New York and across the Americas, enabling us to deliver seamless advice to clients wherever they do business, and across the key shipping and commodities markets.