We operate a leading global practice in financial services mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and consortium transactions. We are active in virtually every segment of the financial services sector (e.g., banking, insurance, brokerage, asset management, specialty finance and financial technology). Clients include sellers and buyers (strategic and financial), as well as independent committees of boards of directors and their respective advisors (e.g., investment banks issuing fairness opinions).
Our integrated financial services M&A team includes leading experts in corporate and securities law, financial services regulation, tax, employee benefits, intellectual property, restructuring, antitrust and other relevant disciplines.
Hallmarks of our global financial services M&A practice include:
- Pragmatic advice and efficient transaction management.
- In-depth industry knowledge and experience.
- Deep experience with public and private acquisitions and cross-border transactions
- World-class regulatory capabilities, that can help clients avoid (or minimize) problems and close transactions on time, on budget and with decreased execution risk.
- Successful consortium transactions (domestic and cross-border) in various sectors of the financial services market.
- Strong specialty finance and financial technology capabilities.
- Seamless coordination with our industry-leading restructuring practice and a strong track record for successful completion of transactions involving distressed or troubled targets.
- Structuring non-control investments in financial institutions.