We have one of the world’s most-preeminent public international law practices. Our lawyers have represented more than 33 sovereign states and various international organizations, and acted in more inter-state proceedings than lawyers at any other law firm in the world.
Members of our group appear regularly before the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) and have also advised on matters before international criminal tribunals, international human rights bodies, and other courts and specialized bodies.
We also have a strong advisory practice, supporting our clients in navigating complex public international questions and developing strategies to protect their interests, be those governmental or business-related.
Our team’s experience includes working on:
- Boundary disputes and sovereignty issues
- The law of the sea
- Inter-state arrangements for sharing resources
- Statehood and recognition of governments
- The law of treaties
- International environmental law
- International humanitarian law
- International human rights law
- Transboundary infrastructure (including pipelines and power and communications cables)
- The law of international organizations
- Space law
- The interaction between public international law and national law
We also have a market-leading practice advising on international investment treaty law and arbitration.