Our Appellate & US Supreme Court Practice includes successful appeals experience before the US Supreme Court, as well as almost every federal circuit and appellate court within the United States. Our lawyers handle appeals in every substantive and procedural area of civil and criminal law, serving clients in all aspects of the appellate process. In addition, clients retain us specifically to take over appeals after adverse jury verdicts, as well as to complement their trial team on trials with a high level of risk exposure.
Why Choose Us
- Wealth of experience in appellate courts across the country, winning high-stakes appeals and navigating extraordinary writs and nuanced, but critical, issues such as stays.
- A national appellate team of dedicated litigators and former federal and state appellate law clerks, including from the US Supreme Court. We know the courts where we practice.
- Ability to quickly “parachute in” on the aftermath of a verdict and help design post-verdict strategy in order to maximize appellate prospects.
- Focused experience on handling appeals that have an international component, such as cross-border disputes and litigation based on treaties, as well as representing foreign nationals sued in the US.
- ABA Journal commended our Sixth Circuit Appellate Blog, www.sixthcircuitappellateblog.com, the only blog devoted to the Sixth Circuit, as “blog of the week” and as an appellate information resource.