The UK currently has one of the most flexible labour markets in the world and many employers use a range of different working arrangements to ensure they engage staff on a basis that best suits the needs of their businesses. Being able to identify the employment status of these individuals is essential, as with different working arrangements come different rights and responsibilities. But this is not a simple thing to do, as highlighted by recent high profile tribunal claims.
So what steps can employers take to minimise the risk of claims and maximise certainty over the employment status of their workforce? Join us at our September 2017 Employment Seminar when we will discuss:
- The legal framework – employees, workers and the self-employed
- The impact of employment status on employment rights
- Lessons from recent cases
- The consequences of getting it wrong
- What happens next, including any recommendations from Matthew Taylor’s Review of Employment Practices in the Modern Economy
- Practical tips on managing risk, including drafting tips
As always, you will have the opportunity to ask questions of our experts and to share experiences with other delegates.
This seminar is suitable for Legal and HR professionals.
Registration is at 8:45 a.m. for a 9 a.m. start. The workshop will last 1.5 hours.
Cost - £40 plus VAT.