A recording of this webinar is available online.
Email systems remain the communication center for most businesses. Emails contain personal data in unstructured formats on a wide array of topics. Varied retention requirements for different types of information and privacy regulations, make it a challenge for organizations to stay compliant. During this webinar, partner Annette Demmel and associate Marina Langhofer will discuss how to create and implement an email retention schedule which balances privacy requirements, statutory retention periods and the practicability in day-to-day operations.
Specific topics that we will cover include:
- Which conflicting areas of law have to be considered?
- Which practical aspects may impede the implementation of a deletion concept?
- Privacy concerns as regards searching and categorizing emails
- Is the involvement of the Works Council required (if established)?
- Do you need to inform the employees?
1.0 hour CLE available for CA and NY. Please email Robin Hallagan if you require another jurisdiction.
1.0 hour CPE (IAPP).