Managing sickness absence is always a key challenge for employers; not least at the moment when short-term sickness absence levels are higher than usual, there seems to be a constant stream of new regulations and guidance, and businesses are under even greater pressure to reduce costs.
At our webinar on 26 November, we will provide practical tips for employers on how best to manage sickness absence in the current climate, whether COVID-19-related or not, and how to prepare for the issues that are likely to arise over the next 12 months.
We will cover:
- Latest rules/guidance relating to Statutory Sick Pay, self-isolation, shielding, etc. – where are we now?
- Managing long-term sickness absence – common pitfalls and how to avoid them, including potential discrimination issues
- Obtaining medical advice – what questions should you be asking of medical advisers?
- Mental health at work – additional issues to consider in the current climate
- Policies and procedures – are changes/adjustments necessary?
This webinar is suitable for line managers responsible for managing absenteeism, as well as Legal and HR professionals.