This one-of-a-kind Continuing Legal Education program extended for all of 2021!
We have confirmed that the firm’s “Hollywood Ethics” CLE program, which premiered on December 15, 2020, has been approved for Ohio CLE from 1/1/2021 to 12/31/21. The program also is approved for ethics and professionalism in the following jurisdictions for 2021: AZ, CA, CT, CO, DE, FL, GA, KY, IL, NJ, NY, MO, PA, and TX. NC and VA are pending.
In accordance with COVID-19 safety requirements, this ethics program is being presented virtually as a self-study program. You can join this one-of-a-kind Continuing Legal Education program using the link above to explore ethics and professionalism issues through the use of Hollywood magic. We promise you will be both educated and entertained as you earn your CLE credit.
This program features the best of the best highlights from Steve’s Delchin’s uniquely themed movie productions from the past 10 years. You will get to choose from nearly 100 firm lawyers and alumni making cameo appearances in this year’s movie clips to award your personal Oscar for “best performance in an ethics series.” You will also hear from over 20 featured speakers, including special guests David Lat (founder of Above the Law), Patrick Krill (globally recognized speaker on substance abuse) and Professor Cassandra Burke Robertson (director of the Center for Professional Ethics at Case Western Reserve University).
- How artificial intelligence is transforming the practice of law
- Ethical issues relating to the use (and non-use) of AI
- Corporate investigations in the context of company data breaches
- Conflicts of interest (and disqualification risks) for inside and outside counsel
- The problem of implicit bias in the practice of law – and how to address it
- Substance abuse issues facing lawyers (and rock stars)
- How to be a super(hero) lawyer
Plus many, many more
Below are the instructions for receiving CLE (continuing legal education) credit hours for the Hollywood Ethics program:
- Watch the program. You are not required to watch the entire program, but a minimum of 1.0 hour is mandatory to receive CLE.
- Write down the four (4) CLE affirmation codes that randomly will appear at the bottom of the screen during the program. The codes only appear briefly on the screen, so please be alert when watching. You need the CLE codes to request CLE.
- Once you have finished viewing the program, please complete the Uniform Certificate of Attendance and Program Evaluation Form. This Form opens as a PDF and includes a “Submit” icon that will allow you to email the document directly to Robin Hallagan. To submit the Form, you must use Internet Explorer. Alternatively, you may save the document to your computer and email the completed Form to Robin Hallagan.
- After your Form is verified, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Depending on your State, your regulator will be notified of your attendance or you will need to maintain the Certificate of Attendance for your records.
- In a 60 minute state, the program is approved for 3.50 hours of ethics and professionalism (or attorney professional conduct). In a 50 minute state, the program is approved for 4.0 hours of ethics and professionalism.
- As a reminder for Ohio licensed lawyers whose last names begin A-L, it is your reporting year and you must view the program by 12/31/21.
Any CLE questions should be directed to Robin Hallagan, legal training manager.