*Please note registrations are being handled by Northern Asian Powerlist.
We are delighted to be a key sponsor of the inaugural Northern Asian Power-Mission. We would like to invite you to join the Northern Asian Power-Mission India, which will take place between 1 – 5 March 2021.
The Asian community has, for decades, provided a powerful and varied contribution to the UK and, in particular, the north of England.
Off the back of the successful launch of the Northern Asian Powerlist in October 2020, we are excited to explore the international business opportunities and to build on the living bridge.
The virtual power mission will feature:
- A launch event on 1 March 2021 featuring messages of support from key UK and Indian dignitaries, including Lord Bilimoria, President, CBI; Lord Waverly, Co-Chair, The All-Party Parliamentary Group; Rakesh Sinha MP, Rajya Sabha; Shamika Ravi, Member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India; Lord Ranger CB; Alex Ellis, The High Commissioner-Designate India; Graham Stuart MP, Minister for Exports; Jake Berry MP, Chair, Northern Research Group; Roger Marsh OBE DL, Chair, NP11 & Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership; Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester; Ben Houchen, Mayor of Tees Valley; and Dan Jarvis MBE, Mayor of Sheffield City Region.
- Six industry targeted trade masterclasses taking place on 2 – 4 March 2021 with representatives from UK and India business, trade bodies and professional services:
- Creative industries and culture
- Healthcare and life science
- Technology and digital markets
- Food and drink
- Industrial and advanced manufacturing
All our virtual masterclasses will provide an opportunity to:
- Meet the experts and listen to trade case studies from UK and Indian businesses
- Virtually network and agree key asks and follow-up opportunities
- A celebration of diversity and women in business event taking place on 5 March 2021, where we will hear from women from the Northern Powerhouse and India who have challenged and succeeded, entering new markets and crossing cultures.
Visit the Northern Asian Power-Mission website for details on how to register and the itinerary.
The Northern Asian Power-Mission India is only the start – the following future trade missions are being planned: NAP Mission Pakistan, NAP Mission Bangladesh, NAP Mission Sri Lanka, NAP Mission Nepal and NAP Mission Afghanistan.