We are proud to be sponsoring and participating in an event with the Association of Corporate Counsel Northeast Ohio chapter, “False Advertising Litigation Under the Lanham Act and the Return of the Irreparable Harm Presumption”.
Partners Steven Auvil and Marisol Mork will be presenting during the program. Joining Steve and Marisol, to provide in-house perspectives on advertising compliance and working with third parties, will be Tim Krogh, General Counsel with NeoGraph Solutions and Ari Sherwin, Senior Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property at The Sherwin-Williams Company.
During their discussion, they will:
- Provide an overview of the standards for proving a false advertising claim under the Lanham Act
- Discuss recent, interesting false advertising cases under the Lanham Act
- Discuss recent cases applying the 2020 Trademark Modernization Act’s revived presumption of irreparable harm
- Discuss how companies comply with the Lanham Act when advertising
- Discuss how companies work with partners to avoid false advertising traps
- Provide “tips from the trenches”
This course has been approved by the Ohio Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.0 total CLE hours.
To register, visit the ACC NEO website.
Pricing: Free for ACC NEO members, law school students and faculty, and presenters’ guests.