We are pleased to once again be participating in, and presenting at, the American Conference Institute’s (ACI) Managed Care Disputes and Litigation Conference, taking place on June 9 – 10, 2021. This comprehensive conference will address the latest developments impacting the managed care space.
Litigation partner Max Czernin will be presenting on the topic of “Status Report on Surprise Billing Legislation.” His session is set for 1:15 p.m. CDT on June 9 and will cover:
- Examining the interplay between the federal “No Surprises Act” and current state laws
- Assessing the impact of anti-surprise billing legislation in California and the impact on managed care litigation
- Understanding the scope of coverage under these laws
- Where the responsibility for reimbursement falls for out of network physicians providing care at an in-network hospital with the backdrop of transparency laws
- Analyzing the impact on provider-payor litigation over reimbursement claims for emergency services and non-emergency services at an in-network facility with an out of network provider
- How the federal and state enforcement regimes will work together
For additional information, or to register, please visit the ACI Website.
*Please note the registration for this event is being handled by the American Conference Institute.