Depending on who you talk to, cryptocurrency is a panacea or a scourge, an enabler of criminals lurking in the dark web, or a lifeline to the financially underserved. Is it public, transparent and traceable? Or, is it regularly manipulated to hide its owner, and is an innovative money laundering tool? Is cryptocurrency a little bit of all of this? Isn’t cash? As banks, MSBs and broker-dealers begin to offer cryptocurrency services to their customers, how should financial crime legal advisors and compliance professionals approach cryptocurrency-related products and services? What tools and services are available to help financial institutions manage their compliance risks as they expand into cryptocurrency-related products and services?
Join us as we separate truth from fiction and provide practical advice to financial crime professionals who are navigating the risks and rewards of cryptocurrency.
Moderator: Claiborne Porter, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Mike Carter, Chief Compliance Officer, Bittrex, Inc.
- Jeff Horowitz, Chief Compliance Officer, BitGo
- Wai Lum Kwok, Senior Executive Director, Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM)
- Michele Korver, Chief Digital Currency Advisor, FinCEN
- Sarah Olsen, Executive Director, JP Morgan
- Catherine Pelker, Trial Attorney, US Department of Justice
- Ari Redbord, Head of Legal and Government Affairs, TRM Labs