On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six-pronged, comprehensive COVID-19 Action Plan (Plan), which, in part, requires that larger employers ensure that their workforce is vaccinated, or in the alternative, submits to weekly COVID-19 testing.
Specifically, the following mandates will have a direct and imminent impact on employers:
- All Employers With 100+ Employees Must Ensure Their Workers Are Vaccinated or Tested Weekly
- Employers Must Provide Paid Time Off to Employees to Receive the Vaccine
- All Federal Workers and Federal Contractors That Do Business With the Federal Government Must Be Vaccinated
- Health Care Workers at Medicare and Medicaid Participating Hospitals and Other Health Care Settings Must Be Vaccinated
- Large Entertainment Venues Should Require Proof of Vaccination or Testing for Entry
Please join us for a webinar featuring Labor & Employment partners Jill Kirila and Laura Lawless, who will address practical and lawful ways to deal with the challenges related to the Plan.
We anticipate that the federal government will announce additional COVID-19 rules and guidance, including Task Force Guidance and OSHA-related language. We will present Part 2 of the Series on these topics as new information is released.