A recording of this webinar is now available to watch online.
- Working for an international business and have responsibility for the remote management of employees in Australia?
- An HR professional in Australia looking for a refresher?
Join our Australian Labour & Employment team for the second part of our two-part webinar series, designed to equip you with practical knowledge to navigate the complex and heavily regulated Australian employment law landscape.
From long-term underperformance issues and misconduct to restructures and reducing the size of the workforce in a downturn, organisations of all sizes are often faced with the task of terminating their Australian employees. Despite the myriad of situations that may lead to a decision to terminate the employment of an employee in Australia, employers should ensure that each step taken is made with reference to its obligations in the employee’s contract, the relevant legislation and any applicable modern award or enterprise agreement.
While a termination is never entirely risk free, it is crucial that employers of all sizes with employees in Australia are equipped with an understanding of their rights and obligations to ensure the termination process is navigated in a manner that minimises exposure to a successful claim.
What Will You Take Away From the Session?
Our upcoming webinar will provide an overview of the legal framework underpinning termination of employment in Australia. Whether you are new to managing the termination of employment of employees in Australia, or are just attending the webinar as a refresher, you will take away an understanding (or a renewed understanding) of the following:
- The various grounds for termination of employment in Australia
- What constitutes a “genuine redundancy”
- What types of misconduct are considered “serious misconduct”?
- The Australian unfair dismissal and adverse action regimes, including when an employee is eligible to make a claim and the remedies available
- Other claims that an employee may bring following the termination of their employment
- Learnings from recent case law
- Key tips and tricks for setting your organisation up to successfully defend a claim