To provide a sense of the stimulus package's overall funding levels, we have prepared a general overview of the bill by subject area. Please note that this is a general overview of funding levels only, and does not report on every aspect of the bill. For a detailed analysis on any subject matter and the process for securing these federal dollars, please contact the Patton Boggs professionals listed below for each respective subject area.
NATIVE AMERICAN AFFAIRS
- $3.1 billion for repair, restoration and improvement of public facilities at on public and tribal lands.
- $510 million for the Department of Housing and Urban Development for Native American Block Grants, of which half to be distributed by existing formula, half through a competitive process with use restrictions.
- $500 million to Bureau of Indian Affairs for construction.
- $550 million for the Federal Highway Administration set-aside for Indian reservations and Federal lands, including $310 million for the Indian Reservation Roads program.
- $415 million for Indian Health Facilities for construction projects.
- $85 million for Indian Health Services for Health IT activities.