Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- Contractor fined £600,000 in Scotland for serious breach of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Electrician successful in asbestos compensation claim against previous employer
- Food company fined £274,000 for thumb and finger injuries after two incidents of workers being trapped in machinery
- Government launches four consultations on waste and resources
- ECHA has published guidance on EU REACH regulation if there is no-deal Brexit
- WEEE compliance scheme fraudster required to repay £1,373,060 proceeds of crime
- 35 MPs call for a complete ban on the export of the UK’s plastic waste to developing countries.