Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- Covid-19: Guidance for Businesses Collecting Personal Details issued.
- Covid-19: Health and Safety Executive (HSE) checks on compliance take place.
- Covid-19: Face coverings regulations published, with exclusion.
- A consultation on courts’ powers to depart from retained EU case law after Brexit transition period was launched.
- Trials for electric scooter rentals on roads in Great Britain start.
- The Environment Agency (EA) has launched its 5 year plan for reaching a greener, healthier future.
- The government has affirmed its commitment to crack down on single use plastics at home and abroad, including PPE.
- Government consults on a carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions standards regime for new UK-registered vehicles from 1 January 2021.
- The EA issued a remediation notice for environmental damage.
- EU leaders agree on cornerstones of long-term budget to recover from COVID-19 crisis, including a plastic tax.
- European Commission plans law on greenwashing and green claims.
- European Commission adds 22 hazardous chemicals to EU regulation on imports and exports.