Many of our readers will be glad to see the end of 2020. As 2021 beckons, our Winter Hot Topics highlights some of the New Year traditions that have emerged around the world. Pensions legislation has not progressed in the way that we would have anticipated this time last year – brand new issues have emerged due to the pandemic and its impact on the economy and the workforce, while other important developments have taken a back seat due to the necessary change of government and regulatory focus. Our publication highlights the state of play on a number of key issues that feature on your trustee and corporate agendas.
Topics covered include:
- Brexit and the application of EU case law after 31 December 2020
- The latest instalment of GMP equalisation
- GDPR and the impact of the Schrems II ruling
- The conundrum of LGPS exit payments
- New guidance from The Pensions Regulator
- What is on the horizon? Quite a lot!
Please contact any member of our Pensions team for further information on any of the issues covered in our publication.