This report on law department structure and management in the chemical industry is the culmination of a survey and series of roundtable discussions of General Counsels in the industry, a group that has been meeting annually for 15 years. General Counsels from chemical companies representing petrochemicals, basics and specialty sectors of the chemical industry attend these meetings, which are facilitated by Squire Patton Boggs with the support of the following Steering Committee:
- Eric A. Blanchard, Former Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Olin Corporation
- Suzanne Day, Corporate Senior Vice President, Chief Legal and Ethics Officer, The Lubrizol Corporation
- Peter J. Ganz, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, Ashland Global Holdings Inc.
- Douglas A. Johns, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Hexion Inc.
- Karen G. Narwold, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, Albemarle Corporation
- Naveena Shastri, Vice President and General Counsel, SABIC
- David C. Shelton, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, The Chemours Company
- David M. Stryker, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer and Secretary, Huntsman
We hope you find this report useful in reviewing the management of your law department and gleaning ideas from some of your peers in the industry, and we look forward to continuing our conversations with you on these important issues.