View Author September 2021
Welcome to the September 2021 edition of Workplace View, our quarterly Labour & Employment newsletter. In this edition:
- Our lead article looks at the vaccinations of workers in Australia against COVID-19. We address key questions such as if employers can require their staff to be vaccinated and what options are available to them should an employee refuse or be unable to be vaccinated.
- We also take a look at long service leave and if service completed overseas for another company in a group counts for the purpose of long service leave.
- Our Did You Know? section looks at the recent changes to the casual employment regime, which came into full effect on 27 September 2021.
- In our Events Update, we provide details of our final webinar for the year to be held on 9 December 2021.
- In our Q&A section, we answer your most commonly asked questions about the Fair Work and Casual Employment Information statements.
- In our Legislation Update, we look at superannuation reform and the introduction of “stapled funds”.
- Our Case Law Update looks into a recent Fair Work Commission decision addressing the question of whether or not a demotion (that is permitted by an employment contract, enterprise agreement, modern award or other legislation) can still constitute dismissal under the Fair Work Act.
We hope you enjoy the September 2021 edition of Workplace View.