Our global family office experience includes:
- establishing a wide range of trust structures, corporate and partnership structures, funds and foundations, around the world, to preserve, protect and grow family wealth; and
- working with families to devise appropriate structures for creating the optimal relationship between ownership of family wealth and its effective, coordinated management.
Family Office Structuring and Wealth Transfers
- High-net-worth individuals and families resident in the US, the UK, Hong Kong, China, Spain, the Middle East, Latin America, Switzerland, and other jurisdictions –Advising in connection with managing businesses, acquiring and disposing of assets, and inbound and outbound transfers of wealth to domestic and nonresident family members.
- Large family companies – Structuring of ownership and management succession arrangements for businesses that include manufacturing, real estate development, wholesale distribution, maritime, professional sports franchises and hospitality.
- Investment management staff – Representing a family office in connection with the structuring and implementation of a co-investment program.
- Dubai-based family office – Established family protocols for this office with operations throughout the Middle East and North Africa based on Shari’a principles and effected a reorganization of their regional businesses, worth in excess of US$8 billion.
- Numerous European, Latin American and Asian ultra-high-net-worth families – Creating family offices and representation in estate planning, trust, investment, and private banking matters.
- Senior member of large trading family in North Africa – Advising on the formation of a family investment office.
Family Office Investment Transactions
- Family companies and family trusts – Representing in connection with substantial investments in commercial real estate, hedge funds, private equity funds, operating companies, technology startups, and joint ventures.
- Bermuda family office with approximately US$1 billion assets under management – Advising in connection with investments in equities and commercial real estate.
- Family investment fund – Representing as a co-investor in separate private equity consortia formed for multiple acquisitions transactions having an aggregate value in excess of US$1.5 billion.
- London multi-family office – Advising in connection with its investment in commercial real estate on behalf of global high-net-worth families and family offices.
- Family investment fund – Representing in connection with multiple early- and late-stage venture capital investments.
- Family investment fund – Representing in connection with its acquisition of a significant ownership interest in a National Football League franchise.
- Family investment funds – Representing in connection with their investments in private equity funds, real estate opportunity funds and hedge funds.