Intellectual property and technology (IP&T) disputes are not for the uninitiated as they are frequently complex, often include multiple forums, and extend across national borders. Our team includes trial lawyers experienced in prosecuting and defending all types of intellectual property disputes including patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation matters. Many of our IP litigators have science and engineering backgrounds and a number have advanced degrees or substantial industry experience. Our geographic footprint extends around the globe, and we represent clients in a variety of forums, including courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration tribunals.
Our litigators are practical and business-oriented in their approach to disputes. We begin our investigation by gaining an understanding of the IP in dispute and the affected business, and consider all available options in order to meet our client’s objectives and protect its substantive rights. In an enforcement context, for example, consideration is given to the best available forums to bring an action, including commencing a Section 337 proceeding in the US International Trade Commission (ITC) where we have considerable experience. Similarly, when defending a patent infringement action, consideration is given to filing a post-grant challenge or nullity proceeding, where we also have considerable experience. Throughout the course of litigation, we endeavor to position our clients for a successful resolution, whether by way of a trial or a negotiated settlement.
Our litigators have deep experience representing clients in technology-related IP disputes, including licensing disputes. We have experience in the litigation of a wide variety of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, biosimilars, computer software, semiconductors, electronics, mechanical systems and devices, manufacturing processes, and consumer products. We combine technical and legal know-how to help our clients achieve successful outcomes.
Why Choose Us
- Successfully prosecuted and defended intellectual property disputes in multiple countries including the US, UK, Germany, China and Japan.
- Dedicated and highly collaborative team of litigators, many of whom have science or engineering degrees and are registered patent attorneys.
- Extensive experience in IP&T disputes before courts, arbitration tribunals and administrative agencies.
- Considerable experience in the popular IP&T litigation venues in the US, including federal district courts in Delaware, Texas, California, Florida, Virginia and Illinois.
- Proficiency in handling disputes before the US International Trade Commission and the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Long track record of successful engagements for clients, whether through pretrial motion practice, at trial, on appeal, or through negotiated settlements.