Our Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Defense & Litigation team is at the forefront of TCPA litigation, an exploding area of consumer litigation that is resulting in multimillion-dollar settlements, and inspiring the US plaintiffs’ bar to actively target and file thousands of lawsuits against US and non-US companies that communicate with customers through text messaging, telephone or fax.
Our dedicated TCPA Defense & Litigation team is national and resident in 16 offices in 10 states, including California, where more than half of the annual 1,600 TCPA lawsuits (on average) have been filed since 2013. Our lawyers defend single plaintiff, class action, multidistrict and cross-border TCPA litigation and are ready to mobilize and defend clients practically anywhere in the US.
Our TCPA Defense & Litigation team also includes the former Chief of the Media and Consumer and Governmental Affairs bureaus of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), as well as policy lawyers who also enjoy rapport with the FCC and defend clients before the FCC in TCPA policy and rule matters.
Why Choose Us
- Unique and formidable TCPA team that includes the former Chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau of the FCC, which is responsible for TCPA policy and rulemaking
- Unique ability to pursue litigation and simultaneously pursue parallel FCC defense strategies, such as filing TCPA-related petitions before the FCC
- Nationally renowned class action and multijurisdictional capabilities with class action litigators practicing in the most plaintiff-friendly class action states, including California, Florida, Ohio, Illinois, New Jersey and Texas
- In-depth experience and insight into the consumer industries most vulnerable to TCPA litigation
- Unrivalled legislative connections to the regulatory bodies and agencies that focus on TCPA-related issues, including the FCC, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Department of Justice (DOJ), among others