In the post-Brexit era, it is vital that every source of help is given to businesses to help connect with global markets with better support, favourable trade deals and infrastructure built to ease the flow of goods, people and data. The recent commitment to HS2 and NPR is a significant step forward in delivering additional capacity for freight across rail, road, ports and airports connecting the Northern Powerhouse to key hubs and markets across the globe. With trade deals firmly on the agenda and new ideas coming forward around free ports, the need for regional collaboration across planning and infrastructure is more important than ever.
Our panellists will explore what further policy devolution and regional collaboration is needed to drive the productivity of the Northern Powerhouse, how the North can work with DIT to ensure we are competing on a global scale, and the opportunities and challenges free ports can bring.
- Rt. Hon. Jake Berry MP
- Rt. Hon. Simon Clarke MP, Minister for Regional Growth
- Ben Houchen, Tees Valley Mayor
- Nicola Headlam, Independent Policy Consultant
- Susana Cordoba, Director of International Trade, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Diarmuid Ryan, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs