Diarmuid Ryan is a partner and global chair of our Competition – Antitrust Practice based in our London and Brussels offices. Diarmuid specialises in all aspects of EU and UK competition and state aid law.
His expertise includes:
- Advising on global competition authority investigations into cartels, collusion and abuse of dominance, including, in particular, investigations by the UK competition authorities and the European Commission.
- Advising on global competition issues arising in relation to mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Advising on the competition aspects of various types of commercial agreement such as distribution agreements, technology transfer agreements, joint production, outsourcing, research and development and specialisation agreements.
- Advising on the compatibility of various forms of central/regional/local government assistance/support with the EU/UK state aid/subsidy rules.
- Advising on competition-based disputes and litigation, including judicial review of regulatory decisions.
Diarmuid specialises in competition compliance advice, including advising on compliance programs and dawn raid programs, devising and undertaking competition compliance audits, and devising and undertaking mock dawn raids. He also serves as a member of the firm’s Advancing Women Task Force.