Diarmuid Ryan is a partner and chair of our global Competition – Antitrust Practice based in our London and Brussels offices. Diarmuid specializes in all aspects of EU and UK competition and state aid law.
His expertise includes:
- Advising on global competition authority investigations into cartels, collusion and abuse of dominance, including in particular, investigations by the UK competition authorities and the European Commission.
- Advising on global competition issues arising in relation to mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Advising on the competition aspects of various types of commercial agreement such as distribution agreements, technology transfer agreements and research and development and specialization agreements.
- Advising on the compatibility of various forms of central/regional/local government assistance/support with the EU/UK state aid rules.
- Advising on competition-based disputes and litigation, including judicial review of regulatory decisions.
Diarmuid specializes in competition compliance advice, including advising on compliance programs and dawn raid programs, devising and undertaking competition compliance audits, and devising and undertaking mock dawn raids. He also serves as a member of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Group leadership team and of the firm’s Advancing Women Task Force.