Diarmuid is a partner in our Competition – Antitrust Practice based in our London and Brussels offices. Diarmuid specializes in all aspects of EU and UK competition and state aid law.
His expertise includes advising on:
- Global competition authority investigations – in particular by the UK competition authorities and the European Commission into cartels, collusion and abuse of dominance.
- Global competition issues arising in relation to mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- The competition aspects of various types of commercial agreement such as distribution agreements, technology transfer agreements and research and development and specialization agreements.
- The compatibility of various forms of central/regional/local government assistance/support with the EU state aid rules.
- Competition-based disputes and litigation, including judicial review of regulatory decisions.
Diarmuid specializes in competition compliance advice, including advising on compliance programs and dawn raid programs, devising and undertaking competition compliance audits and devising and undertaking mock dawn raids. He also serves as a member of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Group leadership team.