In partnership with TheBusinessDesk.com, Squire Patton Boggs is pleased to announce the release of a key report into the Manufacturing Sector.
Manufacturing 2015 gauges levels of confidence within the manufacturing sector and what businesses want to see from the government during the next 12 months to sustain growth.Some of the key findings include:
- 83% of respondents want to see the UK remain part of the EU
- 60% cited the skills gap as the most significant issue for them
- 96% think there should be a greater focus on STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) in schools and colleges
- 58% do not think there is enough support for research and development (R&D)
- 55% believe new technology and digital intelligence are likely to have greatest impact on future growth
The report also gains views on the sector from Covpress, Sheffield Forgemasters International Ltd and Oliver Valves.