We are delighted to welcome you to our new quarterly newsletter focusing on the global hot topics for advertising, media and consumer brand executives.
What a year 2020 was, with so much disruption across industries, including COVID-19, increased regulation, geopolitics, the surge to online, the consumer experience and, of course, Brexit.
To support you as you progress in 2021, we want to highlight some key trends, legislation updates and best practices from across the globe to protect and enhance your business. As we move through the year, we will deep dive into the issues facing the advertising, media and brands sectors.
In this edition we cover:
- Understanding IP in China: Patent Law and Trade Agreements
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Recap
- Digital Services Act and a Proposal for a Regulation on Digital Markets Act
- Cloud Computing and Data Security: Meet GAIA-X
- Updated “ Buy Now, Pay Later” Guidance by the ASA
- Brexit Updated: Interim Deal Reached on EU-UK Data Transfers
- CMA Study Confirms Algorithms Are No Longer Off Limits
- UK’s First Injunction Secured under Trade Secrets Regulations
- What Was Old Is New Again in IP Litigation – Thanks to Suspected Russian State-sponsored Hack
- US Trademark Modernization Act Provides New Relief to Trademark Owners
- FTC Settles Allegations of Deceptive Practices by Photo Storage App Provider
- Shining a Lens on Environmental, Social and Governance
- Compliance Pressures 2021
- Podcast: Leading a Business Through a Pandemic With Rajiv Sharma, CEO of Coats