We regularly work with other professionals including engineers, architects and surveyors to ensure a fully inclusive, coordinated process under which issues are resolved often before they arise.
We provide construction advice to streamline your development issues.
Managing the construction process to meet the demands of the project requires a contractual structure that seeks to achieve your objectives. We understand that bringing new quality developments to market quickly is your priority to secure reward and a return on the investment.
We advise on the contractual relationships between you and all the other parties involved to make sure you are fully protected and that your objectives are achieved. Typically our services for real estate development transactions include drafting, negotiation, finalization and completion of:
- Development Agreements and Agreements for Lease
- Building contracts – both bespoke and schedules of amendments to all the main standard industry forms.
- Appointments of your designers and professional team of consultants
- Collateral warranties and third party rights – to provide contractual rights to interested parties, whether that is the client, funders, tenants or local authorities.
- Bonds and Guarantees – to support the project and act as additional security for the development.
- Other documentation – such as pre-construction services agreements, letters of intent, contractual licences, step in arrangements, funding agreements and escrow arrangements etc.
Guided by your objectives, we will craft the contractual matrix that will best achieve them. We can do this because we have in depth knowledge of, and experience in, drafting contracts and advising our clients on the full range of agreements in all sectors using not only JCT, NEC, ICE, ACE, RIBA, CIC, IChemE, IMech/IEE (Model Forms) and FIDIC forms but also PFI/PPP, Alliancing, and other public sector models as well.
We advise government bodies and supply chain on the construction aspects of public procurement law and add value to competition procedures by advising on tender processes and pre-construction arrangements.
Financing long-term infrastructure, industrial projects and public services can be a particularly complex area for many businesses. Due to the way revenues are generated for these projects, you need an experienced team to deliver the correct service and a return for the investor.
We regularly deal with financing matters related to project structuring and development, financing and other contract issues across all construction sectors. Our extensive experience includes bringing various, wide-ranging projects to completion. We don’t just give you legal advice; we give you commercial and strategic advice and tailor our service to suit your individual project and financing agreements.