Whether trying to put a stop to the distribution of pirated software or counterfeit pharmaceuticals, or preventing the sale of fake versions of fashion designs in retail and department stores and in e-commerce, anticounterfeiting is a key concern for businesses trying to protect their intellectual property.
We assist clients in all aspects of developing and implementing global enforcement strategies to protect their trademarks and domain names from counterfeiting. We have successfully represented a wide range of traditional and nontraditional businesses including software and internet companies, internationally renowned fashion houses, consumer goods manufacturers and diversified technology firms. We have also prosecuted service mark and trademark infringement and counterfeiting actions on behalf of such diverse organizations as a global media company, an NBA basketball team, a nonprofit educational organization and a leading Las Vegas hotel and casino.
Protecting intellectual property rights often requires the ability to move quickly to seize and impound counterfeit goods and to obtain injunctive relief against infringers.
We work closely with law enforcement agencies around the world to deal with counterfeiting, trademark rip-offs, parallel importation problems and unfair competition. We employ watching services in all markets of interest to our clients in order to ensure the earliest possible notification of unauthorized uses or registrations, and we act swiftly to oppose, cancel or negotiate assignments of unauthorized registrations.
Why Choose Us
Ranked as one of the top 15 global law firm platforms in the world by Law360, our presence on five continents enables us to quickly address your global or regional IP enforcement needs.
- With 46 offices in 21 countries, our team of lawyers provides a fully integrated practice to fight counterfeiting in virtually every corner of the world, with a strong focus on China, Europe and the US.
- We combine comprehensive international experience with essential knowledge of local market practice to advise on legal matters in most places around the globe.
- Our industry experience includes luxury and consumer goods, automotive, industrial commodities, chemical products, medical devices and software
- Our IP experience, combined with the ability to handle litigated cases and all forms of dispute resolution, enables us to assist businesses by protecting and enforcing their IP rights, not only in civil, but equally in criminal and administrative proceedings, including customs measures.
- We give clients access to the resources of a top-ranking global law firm with local business and cultural connections in countries where our offices are based. Our lawyers take a dynamic approach to meeting clients’ needs for creative and responsive counsel in areas having the most significant impact on business in Asia Pacific, Europe and the US.