View Authors May 2016
The Housing and Planning Act has received the Royal Assent. It includes a number of important changes to the law of compulsory purchase and compensation. This includes:
- Introducing a universal power of entry.
- More certainty on timescales.
- An extended period for taking possession.
- Amendments to Court proceedings.
- New rules on advance payments.
- Changes to the rules on the acquisition of part of land.
- An extension of the powers to override easements and restrictive covenants.