Against a backdrop of Brexit and the groundwork being set for the UK to become an independent global trading nation, UK plc increasingly needs support and guidance. Our Trade Talks initiative provides businesses with current guidance and opinion, along with the resources and contacts to help to make strategic business decisions. Whether you are exporting or importing, looking for global investment opportunities or just need to be aware of economic and political issues, Trade Talks can and will help.
We bring together colleagues who have on-the-ground knowledge from key jurisdictions such as the US, China, the EU, Commonwealth, India and wider afield. This, coupled with experts from our global network of business leaders and influencers, will keep you abreast of economic and political issues in this fast-paced environment.
Our next stop on the Trade Talks tour is the world’s fastest growing major economy, India. With India set to become the fifth largest economy in the world in 2018, we asked Shehla Hasan, CBI Head of Group for India and South Asia, what is the outlook for the UK/Indian relationship and trade in 2018 and beyond. Our interview probes economic trends, forecast for trade in 2018, barriers and an insight on the relationship between India and the UK.
Full Interview with Shelha Hasan
- View our interview with John Dickerman (CBI Head of Washington) and Frank Samolis (co-chair of our International Trade Practice) as he discusses the US/UK trade relationship.
- For more US/UK content, view our analysis of President Trump’s Full Year 2019 Budget proposal.
- View our interview with Guy Dru Drury MBE (CBI Chief Representative SE NE Asia), as he discusses the Sino-UK trade relationship.
- View our Sino-UK Trade Review for March 2018.
- View our interview with Sean McGuire (CBI Director for Europe), as he discusses the UK/EU trade relationship
- View our interviews with: