Against a backdrop of Brexit and the groundwork being set for the UK to become an independent global trading nation, UK plc increasingly needs support and guidance. Our Trade Talk initiative provides businesses with current guidance and opinion, along with the resources and contacts to help them make strategic business decisions. Whether you are exporting or importing, looking for global investment opportunities or just need to be aware of economic and political issues, Trade Talk can and will help.
We bring together colleagues who have on-the-ground knowledge from key jurisdictions such as the US, China, the EU, Commonwealth, India and wider afield. This, coupled with experts from our global network of business leaders and influencers, will keep you abreast of economic and political issues in this fast-paced environment.
For the next stop on the Trade Talk world tour, we focus on the Commonwealth and international trade. We sat down with Benjamin Digby, CBI Director for International Trade and Investment, to ask what the outlook for the UK is for 2019 and beyond. Our interview probes economic trends, the forecast for trade in 2019, barriers and the relationship between the Commonwealth and the UK.
Trade Talk - Full Interview with Ben Digby
- View our recent Brexit update put together by a team of our UK/US experts.
- View our interview with John Dickerman (CBI Head of Washington) and Frank Samolis (co-chair of our International Trade Practice) as he discusses the US/UK trade relationship.
- For more US/UK content, view our analysis of President Trump’s Full Year 2019 Budget proposal.
- View our interview with Guy Dru Drury MBE (CBI Chief Representative SE NE Asia), as he discusses the Sino-UK trade relationship.
- View our Sino-UK Trade Review for March 2018.
- View our interview with Sean McGuire (CBI Director for Europe), as he discusses the UK/EU trade relationship
- View our interviews with: