The much-anticipated Unified Patent Court (UPC) faced several obstacles, with the more recent ones being Brexit and challenges before the German Constitutional Court. It seems the path is now clear and the UPC should be operational as of spring 2022.
Our dedicated UPC team is ready to advise in this area. Please read our full piece for answers to the questions we are most frequently asked:
- What Powers Will the UPC Have?
- Where Will the UPC Be Located?
- What Kind of Proceeding Should We Expect?
- In What Language Will the UPC Proceedings Occur?
- How Will the Judges Be Appointed?
- How Much Will UPC Proceedings Cost in the First Instance?
- Does it Make Sense to Opt Out of the Unitary Patent System, and When Should I Make This Decision?