Our Products Liability Litigation Practice is internationally renowned for its successful defense of many of the world’s largest companies in cases involving catastrophic bodily injury, property damage or economic loss allegedly caused by defective products, devices or exposure to toxic substances.
We regularly represent clients as global, national and regional coordinating counsel on mass action, multidistrict litigation (MDL), cross-border and individual lawsuits. Our extensive experience and broad footprint allow us to provide clients with a unified defense and thorough insight into theories of liability, scientific and medical experts, the national plaintiffs’ bar in the US and claimants’ counsel in Europe, as well as judges and courtroom procedure in jurisdictions across the globe. In Europe, we represent clients in criminal proceedings related to products liability matters, and in Asia, we advise clients on China’s 2010 Tort Liability Law.
Why Choose Us
- Ability to work as lead counsel in all areas of products liability defense, including trials, MDL coordination, experts, eDiscovery, and settlement strategies and implementation.
- Experienced, successful products liability trial counsel.
- In-depth technical knowledge of products, and related medical, scientific, engineering and design principles.
- False advertising, marketing and deceptive trade practice claims representation.
- Comprehensive defense of all aspects of whistle-blower, qui tam and False Claims Act allegations.
- International reach, representing clients’ products liability matters globally, including the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
- Representation before US, EU and UK regulatory and certification authorities that oversee consumer health and protection and product quality control.
- Extensive criminal proceeding experience in Europe in products liability matters.
- Product recalls and preventative liability advice on warranties, warning labels and issues related to corporate transactions and mergers.
- Internationally recognized expertise, including trial lawyers who are Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers, and lawyers recognized in legal guides such as Best Lawyers, U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms” survey, Legal 500, Lawdragon 500, Leading Lawyers in America and the Guide to Product Liability Lawyers.