Our Toxic & Mass Tort Litigation Practice represents clients around the world facing individual lawsuits, as well as class and mass action claims relating to not only traditional products and operations, but also emerging technologies and businesses. Our clients span a broad range of industries, from manufacturing and mining to pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and from specialty chemicals to food and consumer products.
We defend these companies against a range of toxic and mass tort claims involving:
- Exposure to allegedly harmful finished goods
- Exposure to allegedly toxic contaminants in the workplace and the environment
- Industrial, production and research, and development processes
- Regulatory compliance related to clients’ facilities and operations
We bring a creative and aggressive approach to each of our engagements. We also have a deep bench of toxic and mass tort litigators, including trial lawyers with proven track records in complex jury cases, allowing us to litigate cases from start to finish in jurisdictions across the US and in most parts of the world.
Why Choose Us
- Deep experience with cases involving novel products, science and technologies, from cellulosic ethanol and patented products in the food industry to pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices and emerging science involving imaging technologies, respiratory exposures, subsurface hydrocarbons and everything in between.
- A history of successfully addressing complex issues of scientific proof, causation and damages in new and emerging causes of action in some of the most challenging jurisdictions around the country.
- Successful results as trial counsel, national and regional coordinating counsel, as well as virtual law firm participation on hundreds of toxic and mass tort multidistrict litigations (MDLs) across the US.
Our global footprint across Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and the United States, enables our lawyers to provide:
- Quick, on-the-ground support to clients’ global operations and business partners during government investigations and discovery requests; and
- Experience with foreign legal and regulatory requirements, which play an increasingly important role in US toxic tort litigation.